Drop Off & Pick Up
Due to the campus being at maximum capacity this year, we ask that all drivers be additionally attentive and courteous during drop off and pick up times. There may be changes to the procedures throughout the year to accommodate new construction. Thank you for making Founders a safe and secure campus at all times.
2018-19 Campus Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
- DO NOT use your cell phone while in the car line or parking lot.
- Be kind and courteous to other Founders families, faculty, staff, and guests. You will need to allow cars to merge as you enter and exit the campus.
- Please maintain a slow speed while on campus.
- All students may enter the academic buildings at 7:15 with morning carline ending promptly at 7:55. Students may not be dropped off on campus before 7:15. Encourage students to be ready to leave the vehicle promptly by having their belongings easily accessible to them.
- K-5 students eating breakfast at school will check in to their classrooms first and then proceed to the gym to purchase breakfast. The 6th-9th graders may proceed directly to the gym for breakfast.
- The school day begins for all students at 8:00 AM. Consult the Responsive Ed and Campus Handbooks for tardy consequences.
- Students will not be checked out early after 3:00 (11:00 AM on Early Release Days).
- The school day ends at 3:30 for K-5 and 3:45 for 6th-9th grades (12:00 PM and 12:15 on Early Release Days).
- K-5th grade students remaining on campus at 4:00 and 6th-9th graders remaining on campus at 4:15 (12:30 and 12:45 on Early Release Days) will be taken to the school office to wait for their parent/guardian to pick them up there. Starting at 4:00 P.M. (K-5) and 4:15 (6th-9th) (12:30 and 12:45 on Early Release Days), late fees will accrue for students remaining in the office.
- The 6th-9th graders will have a separate loading zone (see the map) and will not be dismissed until 3:45. If you are picking up a 6th-9th grader you MUST be in the left lane of the carline when you enter the campus. If you are in line too early or are not in the left lane to pick up a 6th-9th grader, you may be asked to circle back around the campus and get in the left lane. If you are also picking up a K-5 student in addition, you will remain in the left lane.
- To avoid congestion, all 6th-9th grade traffic should wait until 3:45 to arrive on campus.